Sunday, December 02, 2007

What Would You Do?

What would you do to care for your family? I have had some pretty lousy jobs in my day but this one well. God love them.

Just in case you are not familiar with metals, I took a metals class in school and there isn't a job involved that doesn't stink and leave a metal taste in your mouth and here is a good chance you will get a burn in some form if you do not cover every inch of your body.

Mr Gorman thought our class and he was a great teacher. I did learn a lot but all but I never really got why someone would choose it for a living. I wonder if he still has all of his students mold a Purdue Pete, what do you do with something like that?

Later I took woods and mechanical drawling and loved it. I love working with woods and wish I had time to do so now. The smell of wood whether ripping, sanding or burning; got to love it. It is defiantly a form of art (not that metals isn't).

Now back to the story at hand. Christopher Haase sent an article From Ladles of Molten Metal well as you can tell it took me back. These poor men are working in sever working conditions with no help in site. With no chose in hand I think they deserve a thumbs up for being hero's to there families. I imagine we would all do the same if we had no other means to put food on the table. Keep in mind these families have to work every day, if they don't their family as a whole misses the days meals.

There ought to be something that can be done to at the very least make it a safer job. Who knows maybe the more awareness it gains. So send it to everyone who may be interested.

God bless them and their family. The end of the year is near and we have time to think of where we will send our year end contributions. Maybe we can get a hold Jadish and he can pass along any ideas, funds or equipment. It's a thought and I can't do it all so if you have any ideas or recourse send them and i will pass it along.


No comments:

Print Page