Tuesday, September 09, 2008

A Little Inspiration

Sometimes what many feel is a bad thing turns out to be inspirational. Although we could bring you all the what if's I wanted us all to take it for what it is. good people doing good things.

Thomas Strawbridge, 65 is An amazing man. Mr. Strawbridge started drywall workers' union in the early 1960s. He had to go Philadelphia to do it because, as a black man he was unable to do so in his home town at that time. Strawbridge stated,
"This was in the days before Dr. King," he said. "After I started the union in Philadelphia, I brought it back here to Harrisburg. There wasn't anything they could do to stop me then."
Mr Stawbridge worked and owned a drywall company for 40 years. 65 years and Stawbridge was still hanging dryway and happy to do so when he was working on a foyer and fell 17 feet.
"I didn't lose consciousness. I tried to move but realized I couldn't move. The first words out of my mouth were, 'Thank you, Jesus.' Jesus saved me. "I probably will be in rehab for the rest of my life. I don't hope to walk again someday -- I will," he said. "As long as I have Christ in me, I will walk again."Strawbridge said.
Strawbridge's fourth and fifth vertebrae were broken, his spinal cord severely damaged and now paralyzed. This man is so awesome and an inspiration, Strawbridge volunteer in his local church and now they want to give back. His local church want's to make his home wheel chair accessible. They are looking for volunteers and donations. The Churches goal is to raise $50,000 and have been able to reach $1,500 at this time.

Good luck and we will keep you in our prayers!

View article

Correction: ABOUT $1,500 HAS BEEN RAISED FOR A FUND ASSISTING THOMAS STRAWBRIDGE OF HARRISBURG, WHO WAS PARALYZED IN A CONSTRUCTION ACCIDENT IN APRIL. A STORY IN FRIDAY'S PATRIOT-NEWS HAD AN INCORRECT AMOUNT. THE STORY FIRST REPORTED 15,000.

No comments:

Print Page