Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Personal News and Updates

Personal News

I was not able to even begin a work up article for the month of February. For those of you who do not know my youngest brother Tommy was missing for a time and we were informed last Monday night that he took his life.

I want to thank everyone for all the support and prayers given to my family and I.

A Few Updates

USMWF
In the next couple weeks I will be sending out an update as to some new aspects and info into the non-profit status. If you want it go to USMWF and sign up for the news letter.


Jordan & Confined Space
I received a call from Jordan Barab letting me know about his new job along with the sad news he would no longer be able to run Confined Space.


I have always said when one door closes another opens but I must say I will miss working with Jordan and they got a winner.

As many who have a site or blog they are torn between their families, their paying job, and the not so glam world we have been shoved into. This should be a refreshing break for Jordan and I wish him the best of luck.

Here are a few others who will be missing Jordan’s works.

The Pump Handle
Effect Measure
Witness for the Prosecution
Stayin’ Alive

I have been asked by several individuals about the Toll…it will continue. I always joked about it being called the Weekly Toll since it was done bi-weekly, however I couldn’t bring myself to call it anything else but the Weekly Toll.

This blog is not meant to replace Jordan’s Confined Space, however we need and want the Toll to continue and any who wish to be added to the author list for any news or articles please let me know and I would be happy to add you. Also as per the Confined Space blog any will be able to comment. This will be more of an outlet for all who want it.

5 comments:

Mick said...

Happy to be linked here, Tammy, but Witness is mostly a political blog. I think it would make more sense to link to my union/working class/health & safety blog, Dispatch from the Trenches.

Incidentally, the bell-tolling quote isn't Hemingway. It's John Donne. Hemingway, um, borrowed it.

Tammy said...

Well I guess you have to be smarter than the average bear..:o) Thanks for the info I'll make the needed changes.

Mick said...

Plagiarism has a long and honored history in literature. It isn't always easy to tell who said what when, much less who said it first.

BTW, right before that section of Donne's Meditation is another famous phrase that's apropos: "No man is an island, entire of itself..."

Anonymous said...

Jordon;

Very depressing but very informative and effective- faces of the dead even more so

When my former employer blew up a chemical plant killing 17 I put their photos on my door for the rest of my career

That still doesn't save my soul?

Rick Lippin

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Print Page