Come To the 2007 Health & Safety Activist Summit*
Saturday, Nov 3, 2007
Program: 1:30 PM – 7:00 PM
At the Washington DC Convention Center
• What Issues can we work on together for the following year to raise the bar for Worker H&S improvements?
• What Groups can work together in concerted activity to make a change for workers?
• How can we work on Campaigns to make a difference to stop dangerous working conditions?
Build on the momentum of the National COSH Network meeting and the start of the APHA OHS meeting by participating with allies in COSH groups, Labor, Family Support Groups, Injured Worker Groups, Academic, Teen Workers, Worker Training Programs, and Environmental Groups to plan and agitate for change.
• Guest Panel Discussion
• Participatory Breakout Sessions
• Collective decisions to plan future actions
Register today by sending an e-mail to Laborsafe@aol.com with your name, affiliation and contact phone number. Suggested donation is $20
There will be a meeting of the Youth@work group that focuses on young worker H&S issues at 9:30 AM in the same room. At 12:30 -1:30 there will be a presentation and photos from David Parker about his new book on global child labor. Activists are encouraged to join both of these events.
• Conference sponsored by National COSH in cooperation with OHS Section of APHA